For many, spring is a great time of the year, winter is over, the grass is growing, and flowers are blooming, and there are more sunlight hours in the day.
If you have a special occasion during the spring months – birthdays, wedding anniversaries etc. and you are looking for some great spring themed gifts – here is a list of our favorite ideas:
- A beautiful spring gift basket – you can buy a box or basket and fill it full of some of the seasons best – some snack ideas include chocolates, lollipops, teacups, outdoor candles, scented indoor candles and don’t forget to add some nice fresh flowers.
- If you know someone who loves their teas why not a nice teapot and matching teacup, a nice selection of teas from around the world, some honey and a mix of chocolates and cookies.
- Spring is a great time for picnics – you can buy some lovely gift baskets already designed like the Wine Trails gift box, this set is great for any friend or loved one who really treasures their wine and includes – *Wine trails – plan 52 perfect weekends in wine country this book recommends the most interesting wineries and the best places to stay and eat in 52 wine regions. For them to enjoy, this gift hamper also includes – Vinoair Wine Aerator, Rapaura Springs Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 750ml, from Marlborough New Zealand, Maggie Beer Quince Paste, Falwasser all-natural crispbread and some Simon Johnson Wasabi peanuts, all beautifully presented in a premium signature gift box, finished off with ribbon and a card. If your friend loves wine and gourmet treats they will love this hamper!
- You can also make up your own picnic gift basket – buy a classic looking picnic basket, add some fresh bread sticks, a range of cheeses, some cold meats, crackers, add some nice fruits and a bottle of wine.
- If you know someone who is a fan of the outdoors, bushwalking, hiking etc give them a springtime gift – backpack! Buy a lightweight backpack and add in a small first aid kit, torch, water bottle and some nice healthy treats – dried fruits, nuts, a trail mix etc.
- For your fans of sport – be it football, cricket or soccer fill a box with some tradition snacks for watching sports – popcorn, chips, corn chips and a dip, chocolate bars, pretzels, nuts and don’t forget to add a six pack of beer, for variety look for those special packs of beer that come in different flavors/styles. If your recipient doesn’t like one flavour, he’ll be sure to enjoy another.
- Spring is, of course, a time when the avid gardeners get out and start planting. A garden theme gift box or hamper will also be another well-received gift, whether the person is gardening for the first time (great housewarming gift!) or they are an avid gardener, items you can add include – packets of seeds or bulbs, gardening gloves, small gardening tools, knee pads, garden hat, gardening books, watering can, garden ornaments and sunscreen. You can also buy kits that come in pots with soil and seeds and are *ready to go
- For the *baker* – if you have a friend that loves all thing sweet and bakes – scones, cookies, cakes, you can put together a nice baking gift set, flower-shaped cookie cutters, oven mitts and tea towels with a spring floral pattern, cookie trays, rolling pin, some nice storage canisters or bowls in yellows and orange, look for anything spring – birds, bees, flowers and give a bright baking gift that will bring a smile to her face.
- It’s spring, don’t forget you can just send a lovely bunch of bright spring flowers, with some wine, and, or chocolates. While this is a simple gift, it will be well received, and always remember it’s the thought that counts.
Spring gifts are bright and colourful, just like the season. You can buy some lovely spring gift boxes and hampers already made up, or you can make your own. Most of the materials you need to make your own box or basket can be bought in many speciality stores. Buy or list the items you want to add to the box or basket FIRST; this will give you an idea of the size of basket or box you need to buy, organise the items inside neatly (you can use rolled up tissue under smaller items to help them sit closer to the top). Wrap your gift in some clear cello and don’t forget to tie it with a nice ribbon, add a bow and card and you’re all done.
Related Articles : Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas for Her