Alfresco pizza ovens enable you to make your pizza outdoors during the summer season. They are available as gas or wood-fired to suit your preference. In your alfresco pizza oven, you can make delectable appetizers, vegetables, puddings, bread, roasts, and stews. An alfresco pizza oven is enough to gather the whole family in the outdoors for a delicious meal. Here are some easy recipes that you can make this summer in your alfresco pizza oven.
- Oyster sauce
Marinate the steaks in a mixture of water and oyster sauce in equal volumes. Ensure the pan can hold the steaks well and leave the steaks in the marinade overnight.
To start your cooking preheat the cast-iron skillet in the alfresco pizza oven for at least 10 minutes. Place the steaks in the pan in batches of two and sear them for about two minutes. Ensure the steak is burnt evenly. Turn over the steaks and repeat the process to give them a perfect sear.
Place the skillet on the front side of the oven to cook the steak to your desired status. When they are ready to your specifications, remove them from the skillet and repeat the process with the remaining pieces of steak.
2. Roast Potatoes
- Peeled potatoes
- Olive oil
- Fresh rosemary
- Minced garlic
- Fresh basil
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat alfresco pizza oven to a temperature of 390 degrees Fahrenheit and maintain the temperature for one hour.
- Combine all the ingredients except the potatoes in a bowl and mix them thoroughly. Put in the potatoes in the bowl and coat them evenly with the mixture in the bowl. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet or roasting pan in one layer.
- Place the roasting pan in the preheated oven and leave to cook. Turn the potatoes regularly to ensure they brown evenly. Do this for about 30 minutes, and they will be ready to serve.
3. Naan Bread
- Dry yeast, one teaspoon
- Lukewarm water, ¾ cup
- Sugar, two teaspoon
- All-purpose flour, 2 cups
- Sea salt, fine one teaspoon
- Baking powder, 1/8 teaspoon
- Plain yoghurt, three tablespoons
- Ghee or oil, two tablespoons
- Melted butter for the final product
- Coarse salt for sprinkling
- Dissolve the yeast in a medium bowl with the ¾ cup of lukewarm water. Leave it for 1o minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Sift the all-purpose flour with the tablespoon of sugar and 1/8 teaspoon baking powder into a deep bowl.
- After the yeast becomes frothy, add the ghee and yoghurt and stir well. Pour the mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix them with a fork. Finish the mixing with your hands to form a pliable and sticky dough; stop the kneading once you achieve this.
- Use a damp towel or a plastic wrap to cover the dough and leave it in a warm place for 3 hours.
- Divide the dough into six portions and roll individually applying the extra flour to prevent sticking on the surface
- Shape the dough using the rolling pin into the shape of a teardrop; narrow at the top and broad at the bottom. After this, pick the dough and wiggle it to make it stretch further.
- Lay the naan dough and carefully place it in the alfresco pizza oven where it should start bubbling immediately.
- Flip the naan after 30 seconds and remove from the oven and brush it with ghee and sprinkle a little sea salt.
Have fun with your alfresco pizza oven and try out these recipes.